Thursday, January 28, 2010

It was just another sunset.

It was just another sunset.

I sat calmly on the picnic mat as I watched my little brother running around the beach chasing after my sister who was holding to his colourful beach ball. His laughter seemed to reverberate in the almost quiet surrounding of the beach. I smiled contentedly and closed my eyes as I basked in the evening glow. I could feel my stresses and tensions seeping out my lethargic body. Unknowingly, I shook my legs and moved my head to the soft beat of Michael Buble’s song as it played through the radio. The sound of waves crashing on the shore amplified the peacefulness of the beach.

I opened my eyes and observed the sunset. I watched the colours of sky turning from blue to reddish brown or even gold before it was swallowed by the night. My mind wondered aimlessly and my heart fluttered at the feel of wind on my skin. I could almost smell the sea from where I was sitting. I looked up and stared at the sky. My eyes followed a group of birds flying over the sky before they disappeared beyond the horizon.

I was interrupted by my siblings who brought ice-cream with them. Together, we ate the ice-cream and enjoyed each another’s company. We kicked on a little bit of sand with our feet and laughed our hearts out. I was amazed on how a little action in the evening glow can bring happiness in our hearts. We continued to finish our ice-creams before we pack up to leave. We walked back home with smiles brightly lit up on our faces.

270 words

No comments:

Post a Comment